WELCOME TO FOUR ON THE FOUR: A BLOG ABOUT JAZZ DRUMMING AND ALL THINGS UNRELATED, BROUGHT TO YOU BY JON McCASLIN

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Bill Carrothers plays Clifford Brown w/Bill Stewart

Here's a good one featuring drummer Bill Stewart with pianist Bill Carrothers in a trio performing music from Carrother's latest Clifford Brown project:



I haven't heard his latest album yet but it's on my hit list and I look forward to hearing how these musicians interpret the music of trumpeter Clifford Brown's quintet music (this music holds a dear place in my heart as the albums that Clifford Brown and Max Roach did together are some of my all-time favorites going back to when I was a kid).

Stewart and Carrothers also have a history of playing together and I can highly recommend the duet album they did together several years ago.


1 comment: