WELCOME TO FOUR ON THE FOUR: A BLOG ABOUT JAZZ DRUMMING AND ALL THINGS UNRELATED, BROUGHT TO YOU BY JON McCASLIN

Thursday, November 3, 2011

The Trio



Inspired by my friend Patrick Boyle's recent trip to Seattle to hear Keith Jarrett, Gary Peacock and Jack DeJohnette play, I decided to post this one today:



Jack and those guys never cease to inspire me. The musical connection between those three is really something else. And of course Jack always let's it all hang out...there is never a moment of hesitation or doubt. He really HEARS everything and his ideas just flow out of him like a fine bottle of maple syrup...(c'mon, this IS a blog written by Canadian Jazz drummer after all. Y'a dig, eh?)

I also mentioned to my friend Patrick: "Make sure you COUGH really loud during the piano intros...but not the drum solos...haha".

I'm sure that would have gone over well... ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment