WELCOME TO FOUR ON THE FOUR: A BLOG ABOUT JAZZ DRUMMING AND ALL THINGS UNRELATED, BROUGHT TO YOU BY JON McCASLIN

Friday, June 3, 2011

Erskine



A few more today of Peter Erskine who, incidentally, has released a new instructional DVD entitled "Everything I Know":



I look forward to checking this one out as I'm always impressed with his instructional materials. I just hope that Canada Post doesn't go on strike too long !

In the meantime here's Peter with Alex Acuna in their percussive tribute to Weather Report from a few years back:





I also caught these two in Toronto during their Weather Report/drum clinic tour up at Drums Only and it was great.

Here's a few more of Erskine's clinic from a PASIC conference a few years that also features Mike Mainieri on vibraphone:





Thanks to the thoughtful folks over at Vic Firth who were smart enough to capture all this footage.

No comments:

Post a Comment